Sep 27, 2009

This One's for the Girls





While I was working in my room yesterday, I had my entire iTunes library on shuffle. (It's good to do that sometimes, at least for me, because I tend to get in a song rut.) Then this song came on and so many images came to mind...Standing on my desk chair freshman year, brush in hand, pointing and singing to Mackenzie. And when Amanda came by and started dancing with us. Or the times when we were getting ready to go down to the Court. Or dressing up and doing our makeup before going out to eat one weekend night.

This tradition, as the great ones do, continued. There were many more times to come freshman year with Kenzie and I hopping on our beds, singing to a group like Hanson, with the window open for all to see. Yesterday, my window was open, and let's just say the neighbors probably thought I was on something. It's a good thing my mom wasn't in the house!

This song also brings back another memory, one from my childhood. I remember that this CD came out while I was in the 4th grade, and it was my 2nd CD (after Aqua, which my Uncle gave me one Christmas). And I remember being EMO to this. Savannah can be like this now...basically, it involves sitting with your CD player on the floor, and listening to a song on repeat and FEELING something powerful. Being pensive is a must. This song, along with a few others on this album, struck a certain chord within me. I REMEMBER sitting in my room, the doors closed, and wishing that, one day soon, I would have somebody like in the song. Someone to love completely and miss every minute. My other half. I was only about 9 years old, but dang it!, I wanted someone to LOVE! Very young and very naive.

So pick your pensive self off the floor, read the words for a refresher, grab a hairbrush, jump up on a chair or bed, and return to the joy of childhood by dencing like a loon and singing to this total 90s boy band song (think the Jo Bros a decade ago). Get it, girls!

(PS- Again, I couldn't watch the vid because my internet's so slow. Let me know if this doesn't work!)



A Minute Without You

Well I woke up this morning
And the night had been so long
It seems that I had had my mind on you
Well the day, it has begun,
And I can't get a minute,
Can't get a minute without you

You're always on my mind,
You're always in my head
And I can't live,
I can't live another day without you

Cause when the minutes seem like hours and the hours seem like days
Then a week goes by, you know it takes my breath away
All the minutes in the world could never take your place
There's one-thousand-four-hundred-forty hours in my day

I've been trying to call you all day,
Cause I got so many things that I want to say
I'm going crazy, cause all my thoughts are filled with you
There's got to be some way I can get through to you ohh

(repeat chorus)

I can't keep myself from thinking about you
It's because I love you, and I know that it's true, whoa
I'll call it desperation, can't you see it in my eyes?
That I want be with you until the sun falls from the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment