Nov 3, 2009

Another Hotel Room, Another Song

I'm in Cuzco now. After driving all day from the Puno/Lake Titicaca area northwest through mountains, over the continental divide, and past MORE mountains, we finally arrived. I should've slept the whole ride, what with my cold and all, but I was glued to the window. For hours, I watched the scenery go by, and it never got old. As for Cuzco,the city's downtown is in a valley, but much of the city sprawls up the surrounding mountains, the uniform roof tiles coloring everything orange.

Yesterday, we had dinner at a cool restaurant called the Fallen Angel. Typical expensive, tiny portions place. After that, we couldn't help it...we went to McDonald's. All I wanted was a McFlurry and boy did I get it! An Oreo Duo McFlurry with chocolate ice cream AND hot fudge. Mickey D's...you don't know what you're doing to me.

Feeling quite American and satisfied, I ate my ice cream without pause until this song came on (see below). Being me, I had to put down my spoon, get my shoulders bouncing and sing along. I tried to throw the "Oh (oh!) Oh (oh!)" part back and forth with Linda, but nobody was getting into the music quite like me.

Today, I've been dragging. And my spectrum of meds and side-effects doesn't really help. I'm currently on an anti-parasitic meds, a pro-bacteria pill, cold/allergy meds AND preventive malaria stuff. Wonderful. So, this type of song really picks me up, for example, when I finally wake up from a 4 hour nap :D Read, listen and enjoy! (And say a little prayer for me...I'd love to feel better for the next 3 days in the jungle) This one goes out to my favorite.

No One

I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all i know is everything's going to be alright

No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you

When the rain is pouring down
And my heart is hurting
You will always be around
This I know for certain

(repeat chorus)

I know some people search the world
To find something like what we have
I know people will try, try to divide something so real
So till the end of time I'm telling you there ain't no one

No comments:

Post a Comment